Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grateful!






I find simple pleasures in baking....! Usually, while my kids are busy concentrating on their homeworks, I wip out a cake mix, add few ingredients, and voila, le cake est servi! It is a stress reliever and it brings me great joy seeing the results of my manual labor....It also brings back memories of my childhood; my mom was an excellent cook and baker and my sister Josiane, who lives in France, took on the torch!. Merci maman et surtout, Merci Josiane pour la passion que tu m'as communiquer!
However, my family, which is composed of my husband Jay, my daughter Victoria and my son Adam doesn't seem to enjoy my baking, or should I say, is very selective with their cakes and cookies! Hopefully one day, I will be able to be a worthy rival against Entenmann's, or maybe I am already?!

Therefore, I bring my treasures to work where they seem to enjoy them to the last bite. Vultures come upon the goodies and in less than half an hour, there are only crumbs left... The feeling I get knowing that people enjoy my baking is priceless! (I sound like the commercial here)! Don't we all want to be recognized for who we are and what we accomplish?


Anyway, have a wonderful Christmas! Joyeux Noel a tous les Francais qui ont acces a ce site!

The divided Isabelle

2 comments:

  1. I think "we" should be the judge of your sister's baking ... the next time she is in the U.S. please "invite" her to bring some baked goods! In the meantime, your baking is quite excellent; doesn't every workplace need a French pastry chef?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonjour Isabelle! C'est moi, Aileen. J'ai te trouvé sûr Twitter. My french is lacking so I'll stop there. We must stay in touch!

    Aileen

    ReplyDelete